Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Scaffy just told me that I am (quote) "W-I-R-D".
Hypocrite.

The Devil's Arithmetic


It's really, really sad. Know that before anything else.
It's about this Jewish girl who goes back in time to the holocaust and goes to a concentration camp. Really sad. It's definitely the kinda book that makes you count your blessings.
I dunno, I didn't like reading it, but I guess it was a good thing to read. It made me think a lot. The girl in the story is 12, my age, but the book is written for adults. I think everybody should read it or a book like it, but if you do read it, you will not like it. Too sad. :(

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes a good sad book is great. But in small doses. It does sound interesting though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I forgot to put a title on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like to be sad, but on the other hand, I don't like missing a good book, either. This one sounds interesting.

    P.S. Ed McMahon was Johnny Carson's sidekick on the Tonight Show. Since you're 12, I should probably add that Johnny Carson used to host the Tonight Show before Jay Leno. Anyway, they're all dead now. Oh, except for Jay Leno. (As far as I know!)

    ReplyDelete

SERIOUSLY, people? What is the point of blogging if nobody comments? If you can't think of anything to say about the post, THEN JUST SAY "HI"!

Have a nice day.

Blinkee


Background