Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The pressure's on now...........

........... I actually have to do a book review.

Fablehaven: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary
I'll admit I didn't really have high hopes for this one.... I mean, Brandon Mull (the author) is great, but not super-great. This book was great, though, it totally blew me away at the end. I would totally recommend this for middle school/ elementary school kids, but adults, not so much. It is the 4th of the series, though, so you might wanna read the others first. It's about these 2 kids, brother and sister, whose grandpa runs secret preserve (safe-place) for magical creatures. The kids try to help their grandpa protect the preserve from the Society of the Evening Star, who want to gather some magical artifacts to open a prison called the zzyzzx (don't ask me for pronunciation) and release the demons trapped inside.

Hey, I did it, I ACTUALLY DID A BOOK REVIEW! :o : ) I'm gonna go celebrate now.






5 comments:

  1. I think it's funny that you've been blogging for 3 days and already you're begging for comments. I knew you would love it!

    Thanks for the book review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well everybody else begs for comments; I felt left out! And who says I love it, hmmm? (but it is kinda fun)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Migillicutty I'm only on the third Fablehaven. I think it's a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I liked the old "Is this where I ask you not to cuss?"

    Anyway, as a so called adult who has read all the Fablehavens I have to say that I thought the fourth one was great! In fact, it was by far the best and I'm excited to get ahold of the fifth. And I also wonder how one pronounces Zzyzzx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i got a coment FROM EVIE!

    ReplyDelete

SERIOUSLY, people? What is the point of blogging if nobody comments? If you can't think of anything to say about the post, THEN JUST SAY "HI"!

Have a nice day.

Blinkee


Background