Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day Four of Girl's Camp

Journal entry 4- 7/22/10

Sooooo..... Today we had lots of free time after breakfast, so I made lotsa more ribbon flowers (I never got around to that pic, did I?) :) and then we had our 'service project'. To thank the people who let us use their cabin all week we took all this split wood and brought it up to the upper floor, where the fire place is. We did it in this bucket brigade like system :And we passed about a million pieces of wood up those stairs. We talked and laughed and sang hymns and campfire songs and 'The Sound of Music' and generally had a good time.

After that were our skits. See, they split us all into groups and assigned us a song, and we had to make up a skit to preform to that song. My group had 'Don't Worry, Be Happy' and if you've every listened to that song all the way through, you know that's it really REALLY long and doesn't say a whole lot. So consequentially, our skit was really long and boring, and we didn't do a whole lot. Whatever, other groups were lotsa fun to watch...

And then we had Solo Time and I read Doctrine and Covenants Section 129 (if you're not Mormon and have no idea what I'm talking about, go here) where I learned that apparently you can shake hands with an angel. Cool, right?

We had MORE free time after that, :) and SO Jessica and Kira and a first year named Taylar who's really nice went out into the woods and we saw this really cool herd or deer and when they ran away we just sat around a talked. And then after dinner the Stake Presidency came and we had testimony meeting and I cried my eyes out (and so did every one else-EXCEPT KIRA! She didn't cry last year either- I guess she has no soul or something...). And the testimonies were beautiful, and I could feel the Holy Ghost so strongly, and for the second time this week, I was safe from Satan's influence while we sat there...

And then the stake president (we have the BEST stake president!) got out his guitar and we sang more hymns and campfire songs and 'The Sound of Music songs... it was a really good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERIOUSLY, people? What is the point of blogging if nobody comments? If you can't think of anything to say about the post, THEN JUST SAY "HI"!

Have a nice day.

Blinkee


Background